Wednesday, March 10, 2010

DISNEY 2010!!
























































We made it!!! We successfully accomplished our first Disney trips without and major meltdowns or regrets. As most of you know, we decided to take the boys to Disney World over our anniversary ( 4 years woo-hoo!!, and as Arik would say, " it felt like 4 minutes.......UNDER WATER!! :) to celebrate. I had always said that I would not take my kids until they were atleast 4/5, but considering our double delivery ( Ty and Livi :) we figured it wouldn't be fair. By that point the twins would be ready to go too. So yes, some may say we were crazy to attempt it, but I like to think we are.... ( thought ) ....adventurous:) Obviously I could write a book about our day so I will just summarize it instead....well, you know what I mean;)






















DISNEY BUS FROM HOTEL TO PARK - Put it this way, the boys won't stop talking about it. Heck, if I'da know how excited they'd get over a bus ride, I would have shelled out the .50cents to take the local SCAT bus!











CINDERELLA'S GOLDEN CAROUSEL- The boys would have been content riding this sixty more times. It was a thrilling adventure for them to pick out which white horse they were going to ride....by the way, they were all white.











PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN- Okay so I may have told Maddox a little white lie. I may have told him the Pirates lived next door after he told me midway in the line that he didn't like Pirates. I may have told him that we weren't going to see any Pirates. Ummm, bad idea mom....BUT HEY, gotta love their new Johnny Depp Captain Sparrow addition..mmm mmm mmm!











COUNTRY BEAR JAMBOREE ( Several life-size animatronic good ol' country bears singin' and puttin on a half hour show for you ) The boys really didn't get it but they sat through it. I'm pretty sure Maddox thought the bears were going to come off the stage at any moment.











HAUNTED MANSION- Maddox: " Is this going to be dark? " .....maybe a little....Jax was patient and curious and really not frightened by any of it. Maddox on the other hand in the cab behind us with Arik crying his head off. Okay Okay, I talked to some other moms who said their 3 yo did fine.....Another bad idea











IT'S A SMALL WORLD- While it didn't have the "pee the pants" factor it had on me when I was 4, both boys really enjoyed it. " Thank you Mom for taking us on a bright ,age appropriate ride!"











PETER PAN'S FLIGHT ( Sit in a small cartoonish pirate ship and "soar" over scaled down scenes of Peterpan's Neverland ) Jax was in awe...and by awe I mean he must have been because he sat expressionless the entire ride...Maddox was angered that there were Pirates.











MICKEY'S PHILARMAGIC 3D SPECTACULAR- Poor Poor Maddox. He did the classic reaching for objects that weren't there, slamming into and glueing to the back of the seat and whipping his head sideways when a 3d picture came towards us. Apparently Jaxon had similar worries, but he figured out that if he burried his head into Dad's arm it would all go away.











POOH'S PLAYFUL SPOT- Passing up the opportunity to wait an hour in line to take a picture with Pooh and Tigger, the boys decided to play in pooh's playful Spot. Proving once again, that playgrounds do not need to be intricate or complicated for a child to enjoy. Running over logs and











sliding down fake wooden slides kept them plenty entertained.











THE MANY ADVENTURES OF WINNIE THE POOH ( Takes you on a ride in a honey pot through one of my favorite Pooh stories of all time, the Blustery Day ) The boys enjoyed it, but weren't begging to go again.











TOMORROWLANDS INDY SPEEDWAY- Handsdown the boys favorite ride. Maddox insited on driving and pressing the gas pedal, even though in order to press the gas he had to practically lay flat and peer over the side door to drive also. It's nice b/c the cars are on a track so while they get the feeling they are really driving we were really just taking a 2.5 mph cruise around the area...with frequent...very frequent stops. Jaxon looked adorable driving with Arik by the way.











BUZZ LIGHTYEARS SPACE RANGER SPIN ( You sit in a 2 seater car with a mounted laser gun and travel through several neon rooms lit with a blacklight and attempt to shoots as many "Z's" as possible. The boys got a kick out of Buzz and were more entertained that they could make the buggy spin with a joystick. The real competition was between Arik and me. I'm positive I had a faulty laser the first go-around and on re-match wouldn't you know the ride shut down 3/4 of the way through and we lost our scores ( I was winning though;)











SWISS FAMILY TREEHOUSE ( Walk up 800 steps to look at what The Swiss family lived like ) Maddox and Jaxon + Swiss Family Treehouse = Bored











THE MAGIC CARPETS OF ALADDIN ( sit in/on your flying carpet and go up and down in a circle ) The boys loved it b/c they had control of going up and down. Pretty basic, but enjoyable.











GOOFY'S BARNSTORMER ( A rollercoaster for kids ) Maddox refused to even get in line. Jaxon had his hands up the entire ride. The mother behind me said at the end noticing his tears, " Oh did it scare him?" I replied, " No he's ticked it's over and he wants to go again."











STITCHES GREAT ESCAPE ( you are a "ranger" attempting to corral Stitch ( the Alien from Lilo and Stitch) set in a circular theater type room with a giant "teleportation tube in the center ) This ride should come with a warning "No children under the age of 10". Seriously! You are in individual seats with a lockdown bar that comes over your shoulders and across your chest. It's pitch black for the bulk of the "show" and oh by the way, that's after they show you the huge Stitch alien that is breaking free into the room you are in. So you can imagine the kids screams as the seats shook and hot air blew on the necks. Maddox was practically begging me for Pirates of the Caribbean halfway through ( not really ). I truly felt sorry after that ride and I am certain they will have nightmares about it at some point.











MEETING MICKEY AND MINNIE- I made a point of atleast getting the boys to take a picture with them. And guess what, not only did they take a picture, they hugged them both and Jax even got a kiss from Minnie!!






















Really a great day. I was very impressed with how smoothly it went. I think Arik enjoyed watching the boys and I definately did. I still think they were a little young, but for the deal we got, I wouldn't change a thing.....well, maybe I'd have stay'd away from a few of the rides;)

No comments:

Post a Comment