Saturday, March 26, 2011

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY TO MY BABIES ( get used to it, you will always be my babies;)















Happy Birthday Ty and Olivia,

Happy Birthday Ty and Olivia,

Happy Birthday to the coolest twins EVERRRRRRR,

Happy Birthday Ty and Olivia!!!!


Unfortunately I am writing this blog from the kitchen of station 7 instead of being at home with my little two-tsies on their birthday, but fortunately, we were able to celebrate the big two with the two yesterday! ( okay, no more I promise ;)


Boy was yesterday packed! Our day started with a trip to Euro-something or other salon with a good friend of mine. She informed me that they were offering free haircuts with donations in lieu of a payment. Sounds great! Sign me up. My kids were definitely in need of a haircut!

Maddox informed me upon arrival that he wouldn't be needing a buzz cut, he wanted a "cool" haircut. The stylist asked Maddox if he wanted to achieve a "Justin Beiber" look and Maddox nodded yes and climbed into the chair without a complaint. Umm excuse me Maddox? Do you even know who the Beibster is???? I think not. For all he knew the guy could have been giving him a mow hawk. But Maddox apparently was confident in him figuring 'this guy gets me, he surely knows cool'. So Maddox sat patiently while the stylist razored, trimmed, clipped and tousled his hair. And while I personally saw zero change in the result of his "haircut" , Maddox jumped down like he was going straight to his photo shoot for "I'm too cool for school" weekly. Periodically throughout the morning he would asked me if he messed his hair up. I didn't have the heart to tell him, "Nope, it looks exactly the same as it did yesterday!"

Jaxon opted for the short style. He enjoys the occasionally "faux-hawk" and certain days he will sport the "duckbill" ( is that even what that cut is called!?! What a horribly un-cool name for a haircut. "Yeah, I'm rockin' the duckbill....with my plaid pants and penny loafers" ) I'd say Jaxon fared the best with his cut overall. And other than his scab on his upper lip that he won't stop picking at, he looks pretty darned cute!

Ty, well I do believe he has been traumatized for life and will forever refuse to have his haircut again unless I strap him down. Dreadlocks here he comes! This was not Ty's first haircut. And in the past we have had no issues sitting him down for a trim. However, I think with all the commotion and the fact that I was unable to sit with him, he panicked a little. A little that is until his stylist nicked the top of his ear with her scissors!! At which point he threw in the towel and refused to let anyone come near his head! She claimed to have pinched it a little....Hmmmm, no ...the drop of blood on his ear begs to differ. Fortunately the cut was near complete and he also looks pretty darned cute!

Which brings me to Olivia. Sweet, sweet, sweet Olivia. Did I tell you that you are my favorite daughter? Did I tell you how you are so beautiful to me? Okay, I'll just come right out and say it, " I AM SO SORRY!!!" What was I thinking. Oh let me give Olivia her first haircut the day of her second birthday. Better yet, lets attempt a bob. Yeah, that will be adorable. Her little hair was finally getting some length to it, but it was on the thin side. I've heard that after the first cut it tends to grow in a little thicker and really adds some volume. Great right? No. I take ultimate responsibility for getting her haircut, but some blame has to be placed on the hair dresser who gave her a pixie cut. Well, in his defense it was an attempted "wedge" ...Again, this deserves a "WHAT????" She is two!! her hair is about as thick as thread. You can't wedge her hair! Oh, but he was gonna try and try he did. He got all fancy with his razor ( yes he razored Olivia's bangs )and snipping and twisting and styling. I don't know if he was trying to reassure me or himself, but throughout the cut he kept saying, " it looks cute right?". Yes, except now my little daughter looks like a boy. Well, we will just have a couple months of bows and poured on pink. Don't worry honey, it will grow.

After haircuts, we played on the bounce house provided and Ty had his second pony ride in a week. ( He loves it, little guy did not want off ). And then my friend and I had the bright idea of bringing our combined 7 children 4 and under to the restaurant for lunch. Yes we are brave. You could practically hear the servers begging their boss to close early when they saw us approaching their door haha. But we survived and had a nice lunch considering.

After naps it was time for the twins birthday party. This year, I tapped and decided that I was going to have someone else do the work for me. The twins birthday was at the Kids Activity Center which is basically a mini gym for children. They did and provided everything for me including the invites and soon to be thank-yous. Ahhhh, how nice it was. Honestly , seeing the twins run around the way they did was priceless. They had a blast. Arik was able to take a break from his fair detail and join us for most of the party. Overall we had a great time. Some would ask if a birthday party for two-year olds is necessary. Necessary? Maybe not. Worth it?? COMPLETELY! I loved the chance to focus on them for the evening and recognize their special day. I posted a few of the videos from the party. I especially love the one where Ty attempts to blow out his birthday candles and Olivia decides that smothering the flame with her dinosaur would be more effective! By the way, Olivia's cake was a dinosaur scene, so in her video you will hear her shrieking. She is attempting to say dinosaur and Dino Dan. I think the clarity was lost in her excitement.

This morning before I left for work I separately sang Happy Birthday to each baby then gave them a BIG kiss and hug. I had to work on Jaxon's second birthday and I'll never forget the fire that I had that shift. Hmmmm, wonder what the twins Birthday will bring?!

In summary, I love you Ty and Olivia. You truly are my little miracles. *Happy 2nd Birthday*



o




No comments:

Post a Comment