Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Scream


Why dear goodness, must I have birthed 4 ...I repeat 4 children that scream? Did my eardrums commit some crime that I am unaware of that they deserve the level of punishment that I am forced to endure daily? If so I give! I will bail them out! What is the cost?!

Moms you know what I am talking about. Your child is either a screamer or they aren't. Somehow, all of my children have been blessed with the vocal range of a macaw. ( I don't even know what their vocal range is, but when I think of a loud and annoying , I think Macaw ) .

While Maddox had a piercing scream that would make your right eye cringe and your head tilt to the right while sinking lower into your shoulders, his did not have near the frequency or duration of Miss Olivia. Since she is not able to hold her own physically with either of her 3 brothers, she's mastered the art of the deafening scream to stop her enemy in their tracks, granting her and her dolly enough time to perform an evasive maneuver and bolt towards the safety of Arik or myself. It's only at this time that she will breath and let out a sob of relief that she has survived and remained unscathed yet another time.

I recently had my annual hearing test performed for work. The Nurse asked me if I always wore my hearing protection at work. Of course, I answered her. However, I believe the question you should be asking, is ' Do I wear my hearing protection at home!?'

Please pray for my eardrums, because at the rate the screams are coming, I believe I will be deaf before I am 30!!

No comments:

Post a Comment