Tuesday, December 1, 2009

MESSY DAY


I kept Maddox out of school today to take him with us to our Tuesday playgroup. Partially because he loves to go and mostly because I was just too whipped afterwork to get everything ready for his school day. Anyways, while I was getting the twins dressed the boys went out back to play. All I hear is the sweet music of laughter and play. And as any mother knows, those sounds are too suspicious when you have two young unsupervised boys. Turns out, they made a mud puddle and were litterally diving into it and smacking it with a bat giggling in delight as it splattered ALL over their faces. .... ( said with an expressionless face...."yeah: )

So we got to playgroup about an hour late, seeing as how I had to assembly line the boys through the shower first! We had a good morning hough. For the first time I was able to sit in a chair and set the twins in front of some toys while they played. There is such a range of ages that come, birth to about five years old.

Evrything was going great right up until we decided to leave. I was finishingup a conversation with another mother and I caught a glance of the boys at the finger paint table.....( another straight face...."yeah:" ) I was too late. The small white table had failed to attract the boys attention for over an hour and yet, we couldn't make it another 5 minutes. Maddox came grinning to me holding his palms out for me to observe his work of art....all over his body. Blue, green and yellow paint covered his entire shirt, pants arms and face. .....deep breath......ANNNND enter Jaxon....crying ....holding his tongue out and spattering in between sobs. You guessed....It was all inside his mouth on his teeth and all over his arms.

Now I'm just throwing this out there and I know I shouldn't expect anything. But a few weeks ago I quickly offered a little girl an apron as she went to dip into the paints and her father was no where to be seen. Granted he showed up a few seconds later, but he expressed his gratitude that I diverted a potential disaster. I'd like to think that one of the other moms would have stepped in, but on the other hand they were probably getting a kick out of it and saying, " Oh boy, somebody's not going to be happy!"

As frustrated as I was, Maddox made up for it as we were singing Christmas carols on the way home. He chimed in with the radio, " oh oh the Mr. Toe! " I had to smile and certainly didn't correct him and it brought a smile to my face cheering my drive home:)

No comments:

Post a Comment