Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ty's New Bed!!!




































































































I was driving to pick up the boys from school which is about 15 min away from our house. I remembered that I received a text that Ty's crib had arrived at Walmart. I figured rather than make two trips I would save my gas and have Arik meet me at Walmart to pick up the crib. In order for me to get it I would also have had to of taken all the car seats out and leave the kids at home with Arik to fit the box in the back of my car.


I called Arik and he agreed to meet me. We rendezvous in the parking lot and Arik decides he will wait in the car with the kids while I run in "real quick". As I trade him spots he says to me, "Please hurry." I assume it was because given a choice, he would rather not have to wait in a car, cramped with restless kiddos.



I run in the store and head towards the Customer Service desk. I wait....and wait ........and wait. Sheesh!!! 4 clerks and it was still taking forever for my turn. Finally I hear that I am being called forward. I quickly tell her that I am here to pick up a bed I ordered online. She looks at me and points WAAAAAYYYYYY to the rear of the store and explains that, "Oh, yes....you will need to go the the Site to store pick-up counter." GRRRRRRR. Of course....who knew.



So I make my way to the back of the store and once again I wait.......and wait .........and wait. There is only one man in front of me, but there is also only one ....very.......slow........employee helping him. Predictably, I get a text from Arik, you almost done? I contemplate responding. Avoidance may be easier in this case! Finally! It's my turn.




Thank goodness there are no pick-up dilemmas. The employee asks me to wait again while he runs and grabs it. I get another text from Arik while I'm waiting, Why don't you come out with the kids so I can pull the car up and load it up? As I am responding back to him I hear the employee coming back out. He looks at me and says , " Do you want me to get a cart for this?"



I stare in horror at the little box in his hands! " Is that everything?!" I exclaim. "Yep." He glances over the receipt to make sure he grabbed the right box. I kid you not the box was so thin and so small that I seriously feared walking outside with it and facing Arik. Here he made the trip to pick up the box that "wouldn't fit in my car" and endured waiting in the car for at least 20 min all so I could walk out with a box the would easily fit in my front seat.



I erased the text I was going to send to him and instead wrote, You don't have to do that. Then I bravely....okay not so bravely....made my way out to the car where Arik was impatiently waiting. On my way out I graciously bought him a Dr. Pepper thinking that it may ease the blow.

Hmm, not so much! If you could have seen his face as I walked up carrying the box in one hand!




Thankfully when we got home even after all that, he sat down to take the time to assemble Ty's crib. Just when he thought that he was on his last two pieces he realized that he had put the side panels in upside down, so he had to unscrew a lot of what he had already done and do it again. Poor guy, the bed turned into such a headache for him!!! But he finished it!



Ty initially was not thrilled. He stood at it furiously pointing at the mattress and letting out a dissatisfied cry. I guess he thought the mattress being on the floor was as good as it was going to get. He started yanking the covers off the bed in an attempt to get the mattress off of the bed. I thought, Oh no, this isn't going to work! But then a light bulb went off. I yelled, " Hey Olivia!!! Come here!" Seconds later Olivia came hauling into the room screaming, "BED BED TY BED!!" Seeing her climb onto "his" bed was all it took! As you can see from the pictures Ty immediately resorted to torturing Olivia by standing and sitting on her. ( Livi gets him back you see though) Then he started acting silly and excited as he grabbed his pillow with his teeth and held it for me to see. He would then stand precariously on the edge of the bed and look at me with daring eyes, "Jump?" He asked. Then he leaned over "jumping" off the side.


So the bed ended up being a success. Bedtime was no problem and he slept until 6:45. Overall I am very happy and I think he is too! However, don't look to see any 'Livi new bed' posts any time soon. I'm hoping we can crib her for at least another year! haha....now that is going to be a nightmare when that day comes!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment