Sunday, April 26, 2009

IT STRIKES AGAIN!! and more...


Arik woke up this afternoon and said, "I think I've got what you had." Hmm, I thought, 'Is this just a ploy to get a few more hours in bed or might he really be feeling sick.' Knowing how I felt the other night, I had to give him the benefit of the doubt. But when Arik turned down wings and a soda I knew he wasn't fakin'! So far the wins have no showed any of the symptoms. They were slightly fussy yesterday, but nothing that I felt was due to the bug. I went out yesterday and stocked up on Lysol wipes, they claim to kill the flu virus. I've been wiping down counters, sofas and beds along with washing daily loads of bedding! Fun fun!! Other than that..... Dee and Di Di are down visiting. They took the big boys out to the park this afternoon and for a nice long walk this morning. AHHH ( The sound of angels ) .... I got some much needed quiet time. I actually got to lay in bed with the twins on my chest and watch a couple of shows that I've taped with the hopes of watching, but never get around to! If I have one complaint about this time, it's that I feel like I am not getting to enjoy this stage with the babies. I rarely get to just hold and love on them and though it's more for me than them I feel slightly cheated of bonding time with them. Unfortunately, with each additional child this beginning age gets rushed along a little faster each time. I just can't believe that they are already a month old! I can see the subtle changes in size also. The moses basket is becoming a tighter squeeze for both of them as is the pink vibrating chair. Their little cheeks are filling out and they are becoming more alert each day. When I peek in on the boys through the night, I definately get that "mom emotional moment" when I see how big they are. Especially in comparision to the twins. Each night I have to remind myself that as crazy as the next day may be, to enjoy it because it's going fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment