Sunday, September 27, 2009

I CAN DRESS MY KIDS ALIKE IF I DARN WELL PLEASE!





































Mistake on my part. I was driving home and almost made it back without stopping and spending any money. ( Not that I will spend a lot, but you know a few bucks here or there for coffee/snacks ) .....Anyways, I turn down a side street I usually don't take and low and behold there is a yard sale. Well, I decide I can't pass it up when I see the colorful buckets of kids toys and potential other treasures sprawled across the lawn. Sure enough I found some great buys. I immediately saw a pile of kids costumes and two perfectly good cowboy hats with blue stars on the front. "How much for the hats?" I ask. "1 dollar." the woman replies. ( I'll take those thank you very much) Hmm and how about that nice blue toy moped. Granted, the license plate says Barbie, but what will the boys know. .50 cents ( I'll take that too, thank you very much ) AAANND there was my mistake. What was I thinking? One moped.....for the boys to share?? HA! But, along I went purchasing the "fight generator 3000".








........Fast forward. Clearly my awesome one toy buy played out exactly as anticipated and naptime was led with promises that if they slept good I would take them to the store to try and find another moped. The boys slept and of course remembered my vow verbatim when they woke up. So I decide to get them dressed and scoot off....Now, if the above isn't clue enough that my boys need double of everything then let me make it clear. MY BOYS FIGHT OVER EVERYTHING!!! If I buy them the same toy, but different color one inevitably wants the other. This holds true with clothing too. So why not take advantage of the double outfits I have of pretty much everything in their closet. ( Not to mention I think it's pretty dang cute ) So I get the boys dressed in their matching Abraham Lincoln shirts, jean shorts , matching tennis shoes and of course their new matching cowboy hats and we take off to the store. The boys looked so cute and were so excited to wear their new hats. I listened to, " Yippe yo ki-yay, ride em cowboy!" pretty much the whole ride. We get to the Goodwill ( best palce to buy kids toys...again, great cheap little treasures you can find!) and the boys hop out. They immediately grab petchies ( hands ) and start walking to the door. I am casually walking behind them admiring the cuteness when a mid-twenties couple hops out of their car behind us. All of a sudden I hear the guy say, " Now that's just mean. " and the girl says in a more sypathetic tone, "well." A visualization of what was going through my mind would be my face with a look of shock placing my hand over my heart and gasping, "WELL, I never!!" "Who do you think you are commenting on my two little boys??? They are adorable I'll have you know and do you even have kids!! Clearly not, or you wouldn't make such a negative assumption. And to be quite honest, I think your ugly EMO glasses are just mean! ....Rude " But instead, what do I do I smile, hold the door open and usher them through...... ( Not to say I wasn't gritting through my teeth butthead :P ) ....... Sorry, just venting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment