Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!











Well, a day early:) I will unfortunately be working tomorrow, but I will most certainly be reflecting on everything that I have to be Thankful for. Lately I have felt a little discouraged by the things that I have. Frustration that my couch has stains and smells like dog, or that my back yard is littered with trash 6 days of the week cleaned on the 7th and littered again by the next day...not to mention my plant areas are now a strewn mess of dirt and black garden liner. I feel guilty that my boys are sleeping on a creaking bunk bed that has slats missing from the underside and beautiful pink flowers painted across the front. This goes along great with their closet doors that no longer slide open so they are sitting off to the side exposing all of the clothes and closet contents. I get angry that I have to walk on a floor of tiles that are slowly breaking apar and coming up from the foundation. With every piece of loose grout the I kick up with my toe and step on I find myself mumbling under my breath.




With that being said, let me count my blessings. I have the most beautiful, wonderful family. I have a husband who is a hard worker and loves his kids more than anyone can imagine. I am so proud of him and how he has adapted to being a father. I am so thankful that everyday he goes into work he is doing his part to protect the place where I raise my children without ever complaining.




God has trusted me and given me the responsibility of raising four very young children at once. My heart is so proud when I look at them, hear them and watch them play. Not a moment goes by that I am not thinking of my babies.




I have an incredible family here and extended that I am so thankful for. I am so fortunate to not only have love and supprt from my family, but from Arik's family as well.




I have a job that I love and look forward to. How many people can truly say that. With times like they are, I am so blessed to have a job.




So who cares if my couch is stained and smells like dog, I have a couch to sit on. My yard may be dirty, but the kids have a fenced yard to play in. And how can I complain about the bunkbeds, they were free! And last I checked, a painting project isn't out of the question. And the closet doors that show all the clothes? My kids have an abundance of clothes to wear and I don't have to worry about them being cold during the winter. As for the tiles? Well, I am just thankful that we are renting and it's not my expense!




How dare I be ungrateful for anything I have. God has truly given me everything that I need and for that, I am Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment