Friday, November 27, 2009

Naughty or Nice??


The kids and I took a trip to the mall today. I contemplated turning back halfway there, afraid of the crowds we may face, but changed my mind and decided to take the chance. Turns out it actually wasn't too bad and it actually helped put a little bit of the Holiday spirit in the air. This weekend we have a nice cold front blowing through so all the kiddos got to bundle up in their jackets and hats. They looked so cute...of course;) Thank you to Hillary, her family and Adam the boys have a nice collection of winter clothes to get them through the next 2 winters ( atleast). And sorry Ty...they're gonna get you through about the next 4!


I can't tell you how many people stop me when we are out in public. Evryone wants to get a peek at the twins and are curious how old Maddox and Jaxon are. And honestly I thought I'd be a millionaire from the nickles I get when people ask if I play basketball....but I take that back, I get more comments now saying, " Boy you sure have your hands full!" E-V-ERY where I go I get it atleast 4-5 times. So I just throw back the standard, " Yeah, they sure keep me busy!".....insert cheesy smile. Some other great ones I get are, " Two sets of twins?" ( no, a year apart...gentle smile and laugh) "Are they identical?" ( nope, boy and girl ) "Do you have a lot of help?" ( yes, we do get a lot thank goodness...smile, we are so lucky ) and of course the...." Are you done!? " ( yes, laugh out loud...definately!) I think that was the one thing I wasn't expecting with the babies, but I welcome it for the most part. It makes me proud I have to admit!


So getting to the point. The kids met Santa tonight. I have to say he wasn't the jolliest ol' soul I've ever met. Thank goodness he was too quiet for the kids to pick up on though. I was shocked that they actually made it to his side seeing as how our last trip to the mall I practically had to drag the boys in when the even caught the slighest hint that Santa may be somewhere inside the mall! That and the fact that last year Maddox refused to step foot inside his gated entry. I had to laugh though because while we got the shot of the four of them, it's as if I took a picture of Arik with Santa Claus and multiplied it by 4! They enjoyed it though and were excited to get their candy cane afterwards. All in all I'd have to say a good experience! So end point..I think my kids made the "nice" list, however, Santa may be on the "naughty" list this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment