Tuesday, June 16, 2009

JUNGLE (oh what an awesome morning) GARDENS



I decided to take the kids out this morning.....All of them....first mistake... and go to Jungle Gardens. It's exactly what it sounds like.....animals and plants. I figured I'd feed the twins before we left and they'd like a little fresh air and a walk. Ty led the pack today. From the second I took him out of his car seat and loaded him into the stroller, he threw a fit. So I am pushing a stroller with a diaper bag on one side, Olivia on the other and Maddox and Jaxon clumisly hanging onto my legs and the the other handle of the stroller. Woo-Hoo, this is gonna be fun!! I thought surely Ty would calm down, but he didn't. Did I mention it felt near a "still" 100 degrees out? I'm hurrying the kids along after about a half hour of pure unenjoyment and we get to the flamingo pond. So here I am biting my lip and wiping my brow trying to stay calm and a woman walks up to me and says,"Boy those babies sure are angry...laugh laugh" Now I am very rarely rude, but that comment only deserved a glance out of the corner of my eye and a half-hearted "hmph" at this point. Oh but she didn't get the idea. Instead she proceeds to point out her second extremely obvious point, that the older boys, "must have got into some markers huh???" ......... Nope, those are just their black scribbled line birthmarks that they were born with, I thought to myself..... OF COURSE THEY DID!!! DO I LOOK LIKE I WANT YOU TO POINT THAT OUT TO ME RIGHT NOW!!!! ----deep breath----- We zoomed through the rest of the park and towards the exit. As I am leaving the woman at the register ( while other guests are waiting to pay...and my babies are still crying ) mentions to me that the general manager and his wife just found out that they are expecting twins...." and that's him standing over there in the striped shirt, he's in the middle of a conversation with a sponser or else I'd have him talk to you" ..... Hmmm, I smirk, let me walk right by him .....aaaaannnnd pause..... ( cry cry ) (cry cry) ..... I gave him a knowing smile and I think he knew what I was saying, " see what you have to look forward to?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment