Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Shamp Camp Monday


So my Aunts last name is Shamp and every year during the summer on Mondays she holds Shamp Camp. It's really a great idea. She has for the past several years done it at her house, but with all the kids getting so big and the success of turnouts she decide to move it on the road this time around. My boys are too little to stay unchaperoned, but I went with them yesterday. I am so glad we did too! I think I found my new favorite spot. It's out by Mote Marine which is our little local aqaurium and down by the water. The view is awesome. You look to your left and there are sitting sailboats. Directly in front of you out in the distance is our beautiful new bridge. And of course the water in general with the boaters going by. Anyways, the tide was perfect it was about 1 1/2 ft deep for probably 45 -50 feet or so. The boys were able to splash and play without the waves knocking them over. Overlookoing the little water area we had shaded picnic tables a grill and a playground right behind us. The best part was off to our left was a huge shaded tree area! The boys played, we ate and then I relaxed while they played some more...yes I actually relaxed. While I was sitting there, Jaxon walks up to me with nothing other than a small fish in his hand. I couldn't help but laugh! I sent the picture to Steph ( I think) and she summed it up perfectly...."It's in his blood" :) All in all a great afternoon, next Monday the Shamp Camp hits up Lido Beach, I'll see them there!

No comments:

Post a Comment