Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Catch Up











Sorry, the last few days have been a little crazy. Sunday, we ended up making it out to the beach for the afternoon. It was of course really nice....well after the first 45 minutes of hearing my kids cry that they wanted to leave. I had to set my stuff up a little closer than I usually do b/c my family had a lot to lug out and I didn't want to have them walk so far. So that sacrificed the little wading area we usually have. The water was particularly choppy too and the waves were very intimidating to the boys. They initially wanted to try the waves out, but the second we got past the surf they panicked and each clung to me for dear life! I scooped each boy up and held them at this point.....BIG mistake. They proceded to grab my bathing suit top and yank both sides down. I immediately dipped below the water trying to hide myself as they continue screaming in my ear. My reasoning with them was going in one ear and out the other, "Boys, let go of my top, mommy will take you in when you let go of my bathing suit." I tried slowing my words down to no avail. They were determined to not release their grips. Of course both of my hands are tied up so I wasn't even able to attempt to pry their fingers off. I was stuck. All I can imagine is that the people lying on the beach are wondering why this cruel mother won't bring her screaming children from the water that they clearly aren't enjoying. Well, they eventually let go and we were able to stumble our way back up to shore. Maddox couldn't get there fast enough and Jaxon couldn't have been bowled over by any more waves if he tried! Pheww. Anyways, after that fiasco, the kids finally settled down once my family showed up. They played and skim boarded...well tried to, for the rest of the afternoon. And you know what? By the end of the day I had Jaxon back in the waves and he could have cared less if I was holding his hand or not. He sat hi bottom in his little blow up ring and rode the waves laughing his head off for a good 15-20 minutes. Maddox of course couldn't let Jaxon show him up, so he let Grandma carry him out. He was so funny, he had this little smug grin when he looked at me, like 'I'm doin' it Mom.' Fun day though.




Yesterday I worked, not much to report there. Good day, training, cleaning and decent sleep. Again, can't complain.




Today I went in for a minor surgery. I was not really nervous until I got to the office. Then I got a little anxious. It was my first time ever having to "go under". HOW WEIRD! I didn't even have a chance to fight it. Next thing I know they were waking me up from a pretty good sleep. All in all it only took 11 minutes. I just had to have a piece of tissue removed. Non-cancerous and very common. More of an asthetic operation than anything. So, I napped at my Grandma's house after that and got a sitter for Arik at the house. Pretty basic day, other than that. Nothing exciting...Oh oH oh ewwwwwww....forgot to mention. So I had company over for a few minutes and we were visiting. Well, she let and I went to the back room to change and came back out. I smelled this HORENDOUS odor. I could hardly breathe through my nose. I smelled it from the couch where she was sitting and I didn't know if something spilled or what. So I went back to the computer room to grab Arik and have him help me find the cource. He wasn't too thrilled and told me, "honestly, Nicole it's probably just the trash." I insited he help me, so he unwillingly got up to look with me. Maddox joined in the hunt but with his sensitive sniffer, he really couldn't take it. He asked me, "Mommy is it Roxy?" I bent down to smell her and almost vomited. She definately got into a dead animal. I've smelled and before and knew right away. I guess that was also the reason she was vigorously cleaning herself. Arik and I grabbed her and brought her outside. I saw a small swarm of flies and basically confirmed my idea that she killed something. Arik was convinced it was a package of fish I threw out a couple of days ago, but I told him it was pressure sealed in a plasitic wrap and double tied in a grocery bag. Arik looked to the corner of the yard by the back gate and I swear, about 1000 flies were there. All together, it looked like a hovering black cloud. I told Arik, IF it was the fish and Roxy ate it, her hair wouldn't reak and that many flies would not be over there. I still don't know what it was! YUCK yuck YUCK!! I washed Roxy with a whole bottle of baby shampoo. The smell is still lingeing in the house, so I think I'll have to actually bleach the floor. She may even need another bath. Yay! Just what I wanted to do tonight. If it's not the kids it's the dog....or Arik:)

No comments:

Post a Comment