Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sick Little Ty











So while I was at work I guess Maddox and Ty got the cold bug the worst. Maddox was running a fever all day and most of the night, with a little relief from the Tylenol. Poor Ty was in rough shape. He apparently felt puny the whole day I was at work. I didn't know this until the evening. I got home yesterday morning and he was still burning up. Arik had a rough night with him after he got off work at almost 4:30. He relayed that Ty had been up atleast every hour. When I got home at 9 Arik was pooped. I did feel pretty sorry b/c he had to be to court at 1:30. Anyways, Maddox seemed to be feeling on the upside the next morning so our sitter Brandy offered to take the older boys and another 4 year old boy she watches to the Marina Jack's fountains. Perfect timing. She said they were perfect and got along great together. This freed me up to get Ty into the Doctor's office. My Grandma Sharon (behind us) offered to take Olivia, so I actually made a Doctor's visit with just one child! Ty was still running a slight temp ( 101.1 ) and the Doctor concluded, he felt it was likely a double ear infection. Ty had so much wax buildup in each ear that he couldn't get a great look. The nurses had to flush Ty's ears with water which he wasn't thrilled about. End result, Ty is on a script for a week or so. After nap, the twins went to my Grandma Jan's (along with a load of linens...Thank you Grandma ) and I met my mom...after cleaning up the house....at Lido Beach. I took the boys to the store before we went and bought them each matching mini red boogie boards. They were so excited! We actually had a really nice time. I laid in the shallow water with them and watched them played for almost 2 hours. At this point Maddox had enough and he demanded that we go home. Of course to avoid a meltdown, I gave in and packed our bags. Arik picked the twins up from my Grandma's and we each made seperate dinner plans. Arik insisted on Pizza Hut (which I can't stand!) and I wanted to throw a steak on my Mom's grill ( she had it fired up last night ) So I laid the boys down and left them with Arik and Olivia and I went to the store and then my Mom's for dinner. It worked out perfect. This morning everyone seems to be doing MUCH better! Ty had no fever and the two of them actually slept until 6:30 am! Can't complain about that. The boys are already begging me to go to the YMCA Splash Park, so if I can get an older kid to tag along then we may go.....I'll have to bring the twins and I can't sit on the edge with them and watch the boys. So we'll update ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment