Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Our Day Today













































































































































































































































































































We got an early start this morning. My mind was racing as I waited for the twins to wake up. Hmmm, what would we do today. Well, I certainly knew it had to be somethig free b/c I'm broke!! :) I figured Island Park at Marina Jack's would be a good idea. They have nice shaded areas, the playground is cool in the morning and when it started to heat up, we'd jump in the fountains for a bit before nap time. Sounded pretty good. Amazingly, the twins didn't get up until 7:45. You know for all the complaining I do about the chaos, we are SO fortunate they they happen to have turned out to be good sleepers! Anyways, I have a beach diaper bag that is always packed, sunscreen, floaties, swimmies and hats that are strapped to the side. This cuts out a good five minutes when getting ready. I quickly made some "stand-by" bottles and when the twins got up, we were off. What a GORGEOUS morning. I hate to brag to all the "northeners" reading this, but that temp was perfect, not a cloud in the sky and a really nice breeze. A+ weather. I got a parking spot right up front which was nice and unloaded the kiddos. Jaxon has gotten to the point where I am no longer paranoid that he is going to run and jump off the edge into the water so walking with them around the park is pretty casual. We decided to have an adventure before we went and played and before we knew it we caught sight of a pretty cool boat out in the water. The picture doesn't really do it justice, but whoever made it must have put a little bit from everyones trash into making it. It had a mini crane on the fron to fit, a dumptruck back, the main part that you went down into looked like the cab to a tractor or something. It was just really cool, probably even better because it didn't look junky a lot of thought went into it. So we sat on the edge of the water and watched the man work on it for a while and then take off. The boys liked dangling their feet over the edge of the water ( it was only like a 2 foot drop into inches of water...so I wasn't too concerned ) . We had a rock throwing contest and I was trying to teach Maddox the art of skipping rocks.He was so funny, he would bend his knees and stick his bottom way out, bounce a few times and chuck it. It always clunked to the bottom, but he was so proud of himself. I held onto his hand and showed him how to loosen his wrist up a little and fling it. After doing this for a while, we decided to play on the playground. There were a few other parents and kids there already which was nice for me. I really enjoy meeting new people each day and alking to them. I met a woman this morning who lives in Holland and she visits each Summer. She was there with 2 small children maybe 18 months or so and she was pregnant. I asked her if they were all hers and she said, "Oh no, I'm not that crazy! " We got laughing later when she asked which were mine. She then told me she had a 3 and 5 year old at home in addition to the 18 month old....and being pregnant. I said to her, "See you're a little crazy too!!" The boys finally got tired of playing and waiting for the fountains to open, so we packed up and went walking again. We got to see a couple different kinds of fish in the water and we stopped at one area that had a nice little shallow area for the boys to cool off in. It was so beautiful. Our big bridge was in the background, that nice breeze blowing...and wait....the boys were getting along! I had a nice little cover over the twins and for the most part they were snoozing or just enjoying the walk. We played in/by the water for a while and then walked over to the trees. The boys played their version of hide and seek running through the roots and peeking out. What a perfect morning your thinking.....da-da-daaaa....In comes the MCM of the day award!!!! Olivia having a holy meltdown.....I stress the word meltdown, Boys getting cranky and hungry...me pushing the stroller as fast as I can, begging Jaxon to hurry along....and please Jax, stop throwing EVERY stick you see into the water......Olivia melt-ing down more.....could one more person pass me and tell me I have my hands full???? why don't you just tell me I'm tall while your at it, that would make my day.....approaching the car, breath a sigh of relief, A/C, gotta get the A/C cranking....key in ignition aaaaaannnnddddd ....... click click click.....you've got to be kidding me.....my battery was dead.......heat, heat, heat, where's that stinkin' beautiful breeze???? Call my Grandpa, jumper cables please????? Finally........110.00 dollars later, new battery...yay!!! let me shell out a couple hundred more on the new tires/breaks and oil change I also need......right before vacation!!! Yes, it took the award, hands down. But upside, I got to spend a nice afternoon with my Grandma when she picked me up from the shop, we had lunch and I mingled through a clothing store......not buying anything of course:) just soaking up the moment. By the time I picked up my car the boys were waking up from nap. I left the twins with Arik and we finished off the day at the Y Splash Park...yes again....I think the boys ask every day to go. I actually played pretty hard with them. Once again, Jaxon absolutely cracks me up. He loves being under water. He would drop his little toy then plop down under water to find it and wouldn't come up without it. Maddox made a big move today, he walked to the top of the big kid curly slide and looked down it. Stay tuned to see if he will actually go down soon! He's gotten much braver. I remember he used to be afraid of the little orange slide, now you can't get him off it! There were lingering rain clouds and one very short burst of pelting, cold rain, but all in all a great end to our day. The twins were out at nine and I just finished up my cleaning and now I'm off to sleep. I work tomorrow and I'll be catching up some time when I get back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment