Saturday, May 9, 2009

Fussy Monsters


Okay, so typically Arik doesn't go to sleep until about 2-3 am. Unfortunately it stems from the late night shift that he works. However, this usually works to my advantage on his nights of because I can go to sleep afer the big boys do at around 9 and Arik an take the first-second feeding. He doesn't really mind ( wink wink ) as he is up already just takin' it easy. BUUTT.... last night Ty and Olivia were not happy babies! After their 1 o'clcok feeding he tried to get them back to bed, but they were both extremely fidgety/fussy. At this point I woke up to try and help to no avail. We fed each another oz, burped, swaddled, rocked, changed diapers and tried paci....they weren't having any of it. Arik finally gave in and tried to fall asleep....I attempted to, but I would literally just get the covers under my chin and one would start up again. I was actually afraid to lay back down....because as all mothers know, it's painful to just doze off and get woke up again 2 minutes later! Finally at 3:15 I was able to get some shut eye....Just to be back up at 5 for their third feeding:) I know it's the life of a mother and this will soon pass....but sometimes I wish I had a little off switch for those sleepless nights! It's balance wanting to treasure this stage and wanting it to speed up to get caught back up again... I am sure I am speaking for Arik too;) For the most part we are getting decent sleep considering there are two of them. I am trying to keep a tight, but flexible schedule ( does that make sense??) Annnnddd in comes a cry and phone ring...gotta go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment