Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day




Happy, Happy Mother's Day! Hopefully this isn't the first time you've heard this today ( cough cough) . You know, I debated whether or not I wanted to have a relaxing day by myself to sit out by the pool, read a magazine, fry my butt off then take nap.....or spend the day with the kids (which is really what it's all about, without them this would just be another calendar day) . This morning we woke up nice and early, I should say, the kids woke up nice and early and we went as a family to church. It was a really nice service and great to have all of us there. On the drive home I decided, what the heck...I'm gonna take mom up on that offer to join them on the boat. The boys haven't been on a small boat before and I bet they'd love it. Arik kept the twins at home and Maddox, Jaxon and myself met my mom, Gus and little brother by the bridge where they picked us up. We cruised around all day, swam at a sandbar and soaked up the sun. We had a blast! The boys really enjoyed the whole day and were actually on their best behavior ( it was their gift to me ) and what do ya know, my day turned out to be relaxing after all AND I got to spend time with my kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment