Monday, May 11, 2009

UGH YUCK!!


Okay, so if there is one critter that I despise, it has to be lizards. I'll even take a roach over a lizard. My family makes fun of me because when I was young I would spend hours catching and releasing lizards, playing with them and naming them.. And now, just the mention of them makes my skin crawl. Now I have to clarify...when they are outside I can handle them, it's when they make their way indoors that I panic. I would have to say it's as close to a phobia as I can imagine. In the past we had a lizard in our room and Arik spent well over an hour (in the middle of the night) turning our room upside down trying to find it.....I wouldn't go back to sleep until I knew it was back outside....Arik had other plans though, he finally cornered it in a bathroom when shortly after I hear....bang bang bang ......I screamed and yelled, " you don't kill them, you catch them and take them outside!!!" Recently my little cousin and I walked into the boys room after we had laid them down and she says, " Look Nicki, a lizard" Oh I panicked and ordered her to track it while I furiously dialed Gus's number....."Gus, send Bret over immediately....I need him to catch a lizard.." Two minutes later, Bret casually walks in and within no time caught the lizard and took him back outside....Phew, thank goodness he was home! Anyways, much to my dismay, Bret's ease with lizards has rubbed off onto Maddox as you can clearly see in the picture he is holding a lizard.....Grrrreat.... As long as he keeps them outside. I guess on the brightside, I'll have a future indoor lizard wrangler on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment