Saturday, May 23, 2009

HE DID IT!!!

So Maddox has practically mastered the art of cruising around on his 3 wheelers. In fact he flies. His elbows angle upwards, his head scrunches down into his shoulders and he gets this look of determination with his lips pursed as he pedals furiously to nowhere. So when I brought Maddox home a mini bike with training wheels I just assumed he'd take to it immediately.....not so. The new bike only brought frustration because every time he went to pedal forward his feet would slip backwards triggering the bikes brakes. Arik and I tried to no avail to teach him the art of riding a big boy bike, but we fell short. So the bike was put aside for several weeks. This morning Maddox, Jaxon and Uncle Bret were riding scooters out front and Maddox marches in. "Mom, can you show me how to ride my big bike?" I answered, "I'll take it out front and let uncle Bret show you." As I'm carrying the bike out front, I remind him to pedal forwards not backwards. "Okay mom." he replies matter of factly......The moment of truth. I set the bike down, Maddox climbs on. He begins to pedal slowly as Uncle Bret hangs on for support. One pedal, 2 pedal, 3 pedal...no brakes.....is he doing it??? HE IS!!! His first time back on and something just clicked. Maddox rode and rode and let me tell you, the new challenge was getting him to come inside!!

No comments:

Post a Comment